Discovery Meeting with Birch Investments
We're Scheduled Our Meeting. Here's What to Expect.
What Will We Talk About?
This meeting will help me learn more about you and to demonstrate how Birch Investments can improve your life. We will discuss:
- Your family
- Who you provide for
- Your job
- Your health
- Your hobbies
- Your ideal day/week/year
- What retirement looks like to you
- How you would like to be remembered
- What a successful relationship with your advisor would look like
- Our Financial Planning process
- Our Investment Management strategy
How Can I Prepare?
We will require certain documents to provide a comprehensive recommendation.
To make the most of our time together, please gather the following:
- Retirement plan statements (i.e. IRA, 401(k), 403(b), 457, etc.)
- All other investment account statements
- Most recent tax return
- Social Security statements (If needed, go here to locate and download: Social Security Site)
I will also be asking for some general numbers including:
- Income amounts and sources (i.e. salaries, pensions, etc.)
- Bank account balances
- Debt balances with interest rates
- Beneficiaries for each retirement account
All information you share with me is strictly confidential. If you choose not to engage Birch Investments we will not share this information.
When these are collected you can securely upload your documents using this link: Click Here to Upload
Alternatively, you may bring them to our meeting in person or send ahead of time to 118 Main Ave S. Brookings, SD 57006.
What Comes Next?
After this meeting we will ask you if you would like to begin working together. Until this point there is no cost or obligation. If you would like to partner with us we will discuss the steps necessary to begin. If you are unsure we ask that you take your time to decide. We are looking for long-term relationships and only want to engage clients who are committed to the process of improving their financial lives.
As you think it over consider these questions:
- Do I like, trust, and respect Brian?
- Do the benefits outweigh the costs?
- Do I understand and agree with his investment approach?
- Do his financial planning recommendations make sense?
- Can I see partnering with his firm for years to come?
Looking forward to meeting with you soon!